I was nominated by the very lovely Oleander Plume from Poison Pen Dirty Mind. A lady I feel very blessed to have in my life, she’s always there with support and encouragement when I need it. She is amazing. She also wrote one of my favourite blog posts from January, a beautifully powerful piece that made my heart full, A Beautiful Mind. I feel very lucky to count her as a friend, so a big thank you to Oleander for nominating me.
The award comes with rules, so if you are nominated, you are required to do the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Answer the questions provided by the person who nominated you.
3. Provide eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award and have less than one thousand followers.
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
Here we go….
My answers to Oleander‘s Questions:
1. What would you pick to be your personal theme song?
Bon Jovi’s It’s My Life. It just speaks to me, never fails to cheer me up. Plus it references one of my Dad’s favourite songs (Sinatra’s My Way).
2. Tell me your favorite movie quote (and what movie it’s from).
“Home is where the heart is, home is where they catch you when you fall.” From Home is Where the Heart Is. I just love the idea behind this. Since my dad died I have been searching for that sense of home again, and I hope one day I find it. 🙂
3. What have you always wanted to write about, but haven’t yet?
I don’t think there’s anything really. I tend to write from the heart so it’s very raw and true. If I want to write about it I do.
4. What are you wearing on your feet right now?
Red nail polish. ;D Am barefoot, which means in about 30 minutes I will have to find some slippers or socks because my feet will be freezing. But I hate wearing anything on my feet. Love being barefoot.
5. What is your favorite sex position to put your story characters into?
Hmmmmmm. Tough one. Anything where a girl is watching her guy get fucked by another guy is usually a winner with me. But also sex upright against walls/doors/etc, which is funny because in real life that is a bloody awkward position unless your heights are perfectly matched.
6. Would you like fries with that?
Always!! Although as a Brit I’d rather have good old chippy chips, or steak cut chips.
7. Favorite cartoon character?
Another tough one. Probably Stitch from Lilo and Stitch, or maybe Jessy from the Toy Story films. When I was a kid I always liked the Care Bears.
8. You just won a million dollars, what would you do first?
Clear my debts.
9. BCILF? (Book Character I’d Like to Fuck)
Oooooh. Torn between Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice or Strider/Aragorn from Lord of the Rings.
10. Who is your favorite music artist?
Bon Jovi. I have loved them since I was 7 years old. That’s true love, and true love lasts a lifetime. But generally I am a huge fan of 80s Classic rock.
11. What are you writing at the moment?
I have two erotic short stories I am working on for submission deadlines, one short erotic story I am working on for fun (and uni), and two novels (one fantasy, one realism) I am working on for uni. Plus a research project on Heroes’ Virtue in Mythology for uni. And various book and film reviews. I like to keep busy. :-/
Random Facts About Myself:
- I am currently doing a Masters in Writing.
- I’d like to do a PhD when I finish my MA, and have been investigating American Universities.
- I have no family.
- I am kind of anti-social.
- I always fall for the wrong guy and end up getting hurt.
- I have travelled a lot but have no photos because they all got lost in moves over the years.
- I love Greek and Roman Mythology.
- Seeing people write in, or dog-ear books makes me get twitchy, I also cringe when people ‘break the spine’ on a book. 90% of my books are pristine, despite being read numerous times, the rest came from charity shops.
- I’ve only been writing erotica for about 8 months.
- I have had my first erotic short story accepted to be published in a collection due out soon.
- I have three tattoos, and another seven planned. If I had the funds the ratio of have to planned would be much higher. 😀
Nominations (in no particular order):
If any of my nominees do want to play along here are my questions for you to answer:
- What’s your idea of a perfect Sunday morning?
- If your house was burning down and you could save one item, what would it be? (Question assumes family and pets are safe).
- Is the glass half-empty or half-full?
- If you could have a threesome with any two celebrities who would you choose?
- Which is your favourite season and why?
- Do you have a favourite book (one you read over and over)? What is it and why?
- If you could be any character from literature who would you be and why?
- Coffee or tea (or something else)?
- What are you wearing right now? (Yeah I know I’m a perv).
- If you could move to any country, where would you go and why?
- What superpower would you love to have?
That was so much harder than I thought but great fun. Thanks again to Oleander for nominating me.
*Realised some of my nominees have already been nominated (even though I tried to check), so if you have already been nominated feel free to ignore this. 🙂