A Round Up of the Year
Welcome to my 2016 Review. This round-up of HornyGeekGirl’s year was inspired by the wonderful RebelsNotes’ post on her top 20 blogs of 2016. I’ve included info I got from my stats page as well my personal thoughts on the year for me. I have also included some the posts I remember reading this year from other bloggers.
I’ve had a really strange year. Personally not so great, and yet again I am finding myself cast in the role of the amazing disposable girl. At this point I really think it must be me, I did as much as I could not to repeat the same mistakes, and yet still find myself ending up in the same place. Not sure what I can do differently going forward, and not sure I can be bothered to keep fighting for people who wouldn’t do the same for me. On the plus side, I have some great friends, and reconnected with one of my best friends, despite feeling this time last year that we had drifted apart. I am actually doing pretty well despite the bad personal things, and people I trusted letting me down, I feel I am happy overall.
Also I finally dyed my hair PURPLE something I have wanted to do since I was 16 but was never able to do because of having jobs where I wasn’t allowed. I LOVE IT!!!! And it feels like me.
Professionally I finally realised that what I always wanted to do with my life was to write. To do that I needed to stop listening to the people who said writing was just a hobby, and to take charge of making it my career. I stopped trying to find a job in an office (that I knew would end up making me ill) and took a huge leap into the unknown. I went freelance. This year has been a roller-coaster, and I still have a long way to go but I am writing for a living. I am living at least the start of my dream. Next goal is being able to afford to live alone again.
Blog Posts I loved
This post is in no specific order; they’re just posts I enjoyed reading this year, that stayed with me, or that I connected with. I hope you’ll consider giving them a read. This 2016 Review list is shorter than I intended because some blogs don’t have a ‘calendar’ archive, and I couldn’t find the post I wanted to share.
- This post from GirlontheNet really spoke to me. It’s not even the best thing she wrote this year (so give her archives a good going over) but it has stuck with me.
- Cara‘s post on whether we really do need Adult Sex Education was a great piece written for Adult Sex Ed Month.
- This post on rape from ScrewTaboo. In all fairness I could have linked to a number of the posts in this series from the lovely lady behind this blog but the one I’ve chosen has links to all the individual posts. The post on revictimisation is especially important to addressing why it often happens multiple times to one person.
- This post from Emmie at UnsignedMe. As a fellow depression sufferer I always appreciate hearing/reading other people’s views on living with mental illness. And this one is a great reminder that we need to be kinder to ourselves, and if we have to take meds to be ourselves, that’s okay.
- This post from NotSOSexintheCity made me laugh quite a lot because they are exactly the sort of things I find myself saying when I go through profiles on dating apps. Superficial but just what many of us think.
- This post on processing his ropes from CharlieForrest was gorgeous. I felt like I was there. I’d never been interested in rope before really but the way he talks about it makes me want to experience how they feel tight against my skin.
- This post from RemittanceGirl written after Brexit summed up how I was feeling, in a way I was struggling to do myself. I felt so much anger and disappointment around the result of the referendum, and the subsequent reaction of the side that ‘won’.
- This post on Body Positivity from Emma on EssaysAndWine. It’s something I try to do and struggle with and it is great to hear other people talking about it, especially when they do it so eloquently.
- Overall have had a 36.21% increase in my views from 2015
- Average daily views have gone from 195 per day to 248 per day
- HGG has been viewed from 165 different countries around the World
- I wrote 47 more posts in 2016 than in 2015
- Post likes saw a percentage growth of 327.12% (how crazy is that???)
- My average monthly views have increased by around 20% from Jan to Dec
Top 5 Viewing Countries
- United States – 43%
- United Kingdom – 23.5%
- Canada – 5.7%
- Australia – 4.5%
- Germany – 2.4%
Top 5 Search Terms
- Masturbation Monday
- Horny Geek Girl
- Satisfyer Pro 2
- Masturbation Stories
- Finger Fucking
Top 5 Review Posts
Top 5 Articles
- Lelo Hex’d
- About Me
- Female Orgasms – Addressing Women’s Sexuality
- Nudes by Email
- Living in Fear – An essay on Male Entitlement
Top 5 Erotica
- Watching Me Cum Part 5 – Although the whole series was popular and you can find each part here).
- Finger Fucking
- Touching Myself
- Thinking of You
- Pegging Order
Top 5 Referrers
For this section I am only counting other bloggers, not websites, or social media referrals. So this 2016 review section is other bloggers whose links have brought people to my website.
- Kayla Lords – Masturbation Monday
- Rebels Notes – Wicked Wednesday
- Molly – Molly’s Daily Kiss
- ILB – Innocent Lover Boy
- Hyacinth – A Dissolute Life Means
I hope you enjoyed my 2016 Review. Here’s to an AWESOME 2017.