The lovely KatieButterfly over at Katie Laid Bare nominated me for the Bad Girl Blogger Award, as well as putting me in some very illustrious company she also said some very lovely things about my blog. I never think my writing is good enough, so to hear how much someone whose opinion I really respect enjoys it and thinks well of it made my heart a little bit lighter.
I blog because it’s a way to write, I write because I have to. For me writing is like breathing, necessary to life. I am always happier and more content when I am writing. When my depression is bad and I am unable to write I find it very hard to pull myself out of the black hole of despair until I can start writing again, and once I break the dam, I find the words pour out of me, escaping from the bottle they’ve been held in while depression was running the show. Blogging is a good way to keep me writing, in fact the recent lack of posts on here was due to my writing time being monopolised elsewhere (uni work) but I love writing this blog, interacting with readers on twitter, and also the fantastic sense of welcome and warmth there is in the sex-blogging community. Not to mention networking (hate that word) with some amazing writers. So while I don’t write my blog for awards or accolades, it still give me a happy feeling to know my writing is liked.
So, in keeping with the spirit of this award, I now need to nominate my own selection of fellow “Bad Girls”, here they are, in no particular order…
- Girl on the Net – The fabulous Girl on the Net was my first introduction to sex loggers, I read her book and blog long before (ok a month before) I discovered the rest of the sex blogging community. She may not know me (or my blog) but I am very grateful she chose t pave the way for my blog with hers.
- Oleander Plume – The wonderful Oleander Plume from Poison Pen Dirty Mind. Not only does she write some amazingly hot and sexy erotica but she is a lovely lady as well. Really supportive and welcoming, she has been a great help (and cheerleader) for me this last few months while I’ve been trying to balance uni, blogging, and life. Can’t say how much her help has meant.
- F Leonora Solomon – An excellent writer whose Wicked Wednesday entries I always look forward to. The lovely lady is also an editor and very encouraging about my writing. Which reminds me, I still owe her a story about handymen and cherries……it’s coming one day, I promise.
- Malin James – An insightful and exciting writer whose blog is full of smart sassy posts. I wish I could write with as much clarity and awareness as this lady does…….an she makes it interesting. Her blog always engages me. I don’t offten comment on blogs but more often than not her posts inspire me to comment.
- Charlie Powell – The ever delightful Charlie from SexBlogofSorts. Always has an interesting take on what’s happening, great stories and anecdotes, and some gorgeous Sinful Sunday entries, even when she is struggling emotionally she manages to write the most beautiful and honest posts.
RULES: If you are a recipient, please choose 3-5 female bloggers who write about sex (or post sexy pics of themselves, or both) that you admire and award them by passing on the award photo above and the rules. Also, give a brief explanations of why you love those bloggers so much. Be sure to notify your favourite bloggers that they got the award!