Sex Toy Erotica
Edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel
$15.95, Trade Paper
240 pages, 5.5” x 8”
RACHEL KRAMER BUSSEL is a New Jersey-based author, editor, and blogger. She is the author of the essay collection Sex & Cupcakes, and has edited over fifty books of erotica, including The Big Book of Orgasms, Gotta Have It. She is also the Best Bondage Erotica series editor. Rachel has written for Jezebel, Salon, AVN, Bust, Cosmopolitan, Curve, Glamour, and Penthouse among many others. She speaks at conferences, does readings, and teaches erotic writing workshops across the country.
COME AGAIN is a collection of fun and sexy erotica, which celebrates the joys of sex toys, as experienced by couples, singles, and strangers. As news buzzes about the supercharged orgasms, sex toys are becoming more popular than ever.
Some of these stories show how toys are a wonderful way for couples to double their fun. While others show how well toys can complement any kink. These imaginative and arousing stories will have you running to the nearest sex shop. Whether expanding your already large collection or buying your first toy, this collection of stories will give you more than a few ideas.
I enjoyed this collection a lot. It was interesting to see all the different takes people had on what the term ‘sex toy’ could mean. Because of that diversity Come Again has something that will appeal to everyone, whatever your kink. I loved lots of the stories in this anthology but I’ve just picked my top five to share with you. In the order they appear in Come Again they are:
- Dare You To by Jillian Boyd – This fun tale of dare gets a sexy twist when a couple take it in turns to drive each other wild, leading you to ask yourself……what would you dare?
- Icy Bed by J. Crichton – Phone sex brought up to date with video chatting. Cooling ice, modern technology and a dildo all count as sex toys in this steamy story about enjoying sex together when you’re apart.
- The Cure for the Common Lay by Valerie Alexander – I think this exciting story set in the future is possibly my favourite in the collection. The future of casual hook-up, all the fun without any of the risks. The descriptions and language were lovely and the story was really hot. I just loved it.
- Standard of Care by Sybil Rush – I think I liked this because it was a weird mix of clinical and sexy but yet somehow it worked as a tantilising story. Very nicely written.
- Bikery by Oliver Hollandaize – I liked the premise of this story, and the voyeuristic aspect worked really well. It was fun to see the story from a male point-of-view, and to get an idea of what he saw when he was watching the girl. I’d also love to get one of those ‘bikes’.
Overall: I really enjoyed this anthology, the stories were sexy and fun, and diverse. Definitely worth a spot on your shelf.
Look out for an excerpt and giveaway coming up in my next post.